Welcome to the Official Homepage of
Michael E. Metz, Ph.D.
Dr. Michael Metz is a Minnesota psychologist, relationship and marital therapist, sex therapist, author, and frequent speaker.
*** NEWS *** TWO MORE BOOK AWARDS THIS YEAR!
This joins our second book acclaimed in 2011:
(Below, click on the underlined text to see reviews of this book)
- (Below, click on the underlined text to link to that topic)
I specialize in working with couples and individuals in my private CLINICAL PRACTICE and have helped over 6,000 individuals and couples ver my 25 year CAREER. My goal is to improve the lives of my individual and couple clients, and the public at large which is why I do a lot of public SPEAKING in many settings, give professional WORKSHOPS, write professional ARTICLES, as well as write BOOKS for couples on the subject matter most connected to my primary speciality, couple (relationship) and sex therapy. I am licensed in Minnesota both as a psychologist and marriage counselor.
Whether you live locally in Minneapolis/Saint Paul and want help, or you are seeking advice on how to enhance your personal, marital / relationship and sexual lives, there are BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS and many other RESOURCES for you in this site.
*** *** ATTENTION **** **
*** NEW BOOK ***
Publisher's note: In Enduring Desire, authors Michael Metz and Barry McCarthy inspire and motivate readers with real-life examples and clear, helpful individual and couple exercises to reach for realistic and high quality sexual satisfaction as a couple. Throughout the book, they promote positive, realistic sexual expectations without commercialism and the exotic promises of hype that set people up for disappointment. The message is down-to-earth and full of joy for all couples, from their 20s to their 80s. They advocate the variable, flexible “Good Enough Sex” (GES) model which integrates relationship intimacy and eroticism; examine the biopsychosocial, multidimensional, and comprehensive roles, functions, and meanings of couple sexuality; and validate the inherent variability and flexibility of couple sexuality. Exercises include the 5 kinds of intimate touch, regular sex as the "intimacy blender", relationship and sexual playfulness, and working as an intimate team for conflict resolution. This book describes how to have real sex in real life that is optimal, lasting, and enduring.
Drs. Mike Metz & Barry McCarthy's book, Men's Sexual Health,
has been nominated to receive the 2009 Society for Sex therapy & Research Best Sexual Health Consumer Book Award!
Routledge publisher Dr. George Zimmer (left) and Dr. Michael Metz (right) promoting the new book, Men's Sexual Health, at the Smart Marriages marital and family therapy conference, Denver.
Here's an overview or outline of what is on this site
(To link, click on the underscored item.)
- Clinician, Teacher, Author
- Credentials & Experience
- Clinical Licensure
- Clinical Certification
- Medical Staff Affiliations
- Professional Experience: Academic & Clinical
- Education: Gradulate
- Education: Undergraduate
- Professional Associations
- Books by Metz
- Honors & Awards
- Clinical Practice Information
- Licenses: Psychology (LP) & Marital & Family (LMFT)
- Clinical Orientation
- Clinical Philosophy and Values
- Clinical Services
- Meetings or "sessions"
- Contacting Dr. Metz
- Professional Fees
- Professional Records
- Limits of Confidentiality
- Profession Fees
- Credentials and Professional Experience
- Clinical “Release of Confidential Information” form
- Directions to Office (maps)
- Books by Dr. Metz
- Cognitive Behavioral Couple Sex Therapy (2012)
- Enduring Desire: Your Guide to Lasting Intimacy (2010)
- Men’s Sexual Health (2007)
- Coping with Erectile Dysfunction (2004) – SSTAR book award.
- Coping with Premature Ejaculation (2003)
- The Styles of Conflict (1993)
- Other Book Recommendations
- "FAVORITE BOOK Recommended This Month."
- Suggested Resources for MENTAL HEALTH.
- Suggested Readings for RELATIONSHIP SATISFACTION.
- Suggested Readings for PARENTS.
- Suggested Readings for COUPLE SEXUALITY.
- Suggested Readings for MALE SEXUALITY.
- Suggested Readings for FEMALE SEXUALITY.
- Other NOTABLE READINGS.
- MUSIC to Relax and Reflect.
- INTERESTING STUFF for Enjoyment, Curiosity, Fun, Pleasure
- Recommended Books for PROFESSIONALS.
- Presentation and Workshop Topics
- Upcoming Talks
- HealthEd CE Professional Workshops
- Some past talks
- Speaker request form
- Clinical Worksheets, Handouts and Tools
- Psychological Tools
- Relationship / Marital Erichment
- Couple Conflict Resolution Tools
- Communication Skills
- Sexual Enrichment
- ADDITIONAL MATERIALS FOR PROFESSIONALS
- Books by Dr. Metz
- Books by Others
- Publications by Dr. Metz
- Workshop Slides (PowerPoint’s)
- Video: Marital and Sexual Health
- Helpful Websites
821 Raymond Avenue Suite 440
Saint Paul, MN 55114
(651) 642-9317 x107
Fax: (651) 642-1908